I tried to use my own tool earlier this week and it crashed with an exception when running on 64-bit Windows while trying to read all files in a directory. So perhaps I should look into that. Or I could ask Google to see whether other people did a better job writing better tools to read the data from the Energy Logger 3500…. And there was a number of tools available.
This is an overview of all the tools for the Energy Logger 3500/4000 I could find online.
In 2008 I did reverse-engineer the file format for the Energy Logger 3500 and wrote some tool in Pascal to convert the data. The original software from Conrad wasn’t even capable of reading it’s own files.
Apparently, a lot of buyers found my tool since 2008, I received a number of emails from all over Europe about this. (that’s also the reason this blogpost is in English)
Over the years a lot of people made some improvements and others started their own conversiontools.
- My own attempt, command-line executable.
- Based on my source, but converted to Perl and thus usable on a lot more operating systems. (description)
- Some discussion and a Bash-script on Meisterkuhler-forum about this.
- Sourceforge project EnergyLoggerExcelConverter using Excel macros.
- CodePlex Perl script to convert the EnergyLogger files to XML/CSV/PNG (works quite nice)
- Sourceforge project EnergyLogger (aparently still pre-alpha, not tested myself)
N.B. I have not tested them all myself.